To the first-time drinker, Aloe Vera Gel, despite its refreshing appearance (not unlike lemonade), can be surprising, and to some, revolting. Aloe Vera Gel can taste both sour and bitter at the same time.
How to make Aloe Vera Gel taste better on Clean 9?
If you find that you have trouble getting Aloe Vera Gel down, and are considering quitting Clean 9 altogether based on your first taste of Aloe Vera, we suggest the following.
- Dilute with ice water. Add as much water and ice as necessary until the flavor becomes tolerable to you. Just as water tastes better chilled than tepid, iced Aloe water is incredibly refreshing.
- Add Forever Bee Honey (100% pure honey). Mix in a spoonful or two of Forever Bee Honey. Iced Aloe water with honey is one of my favorite ways to drink Aloe Vera Gel.
- Sweeten with your preferred sugar substitute. If you’d rather go calorie free, add a little artificial sweetener to your iced Aloe water.
We recommend Forever Bee Honey because it is the highest quality you will find, so you will not compromise your Clean 9 program with low-quality, watered-down, cheap sugar-filled honey.
Won’t adding honey to Aloe Vera Gel ruin my detox or weight loss program?
In our opinion, adding a spoonful or two of Forever Bee Honey will not ruin your program because:
- If it makes the Aloe Vera Gel more palatable, you will have a better chance of sticking with and succeeding at the program.
- By continuing Clean 9 with the help of a little bit of honey, you are still benefiting more than giving it up altogether.
What about the calories from the honey?
To make sure you don’t ruin the program with added calories, keep track of the amount of honey you are adding to your Aloe Vera Gel.
1 Tablespoon of Forever Been Honey contains 70 calories, so subtract the total amount of calories you consumed in honey from your 600-calorie meal.